Food Growers Network - Community Garden Organizer
By becoming a member of The GardenWorks Project Food Growers Network, you’ll have access to gardening resources through our Suburban Agriculture Resource Center (inside Gallery 200, 103 W. Washington St., West Chicago). We welcome you to partner with us and the DuPage County gardening community to start or expand your home or community garden. In return, we ask that you donate surplus vegetables to an area food pantry.
COMMUNITY GARDEN ORGANIZERS GIVE $20/YEAR AND RECEIVE:
- 40 vegetable seed packets
- 50% off seedlings at our West Chicago Blooming Fest plant sale (May 20, 2017)
- 15% off vegetable seedlings all season from We Grow Dreams Nursery, 1055 W. Washington St., West Chicago
- Free seedlings when available after our spring garden installs.
- 15% off cedar raised bed gardens at our Resource Center
- Opportunities to apply for The GardenWorks Project annual grants
- Access to list of grant opportunities from other sources
- Free attendance to all GardenWorks Project educational offerings, including our How to Start a Community Garden class, to be held February 11, 2017
- Consulting assistance with starting or expanding a community garden, and access to our team of volunteers to help build or maintain the garden.